K-12 Blueprint ("K-12 Blueprint", "we", "us" and "our") respects your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes our privacy practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your information through the K-12 Blueprint web site and online services, (collectively referred to as “K-12 Blueprint Services”), along with our marketing and advertising practices.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personal Information We May Collect
K-12 Blueprint may collect various types of personal information, including:
- Personal and business contact information (such as name, postal address, telephone number, and email address)
- Social media information
If you submit any personal information relating to other people, to us or to our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use their personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We and our service providers may collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- From you: We may collect personal information you elect to share with us such as your name or preferred means of communication.
- Through the K-12 Blueprint Services: We may collect personal information you provide when you use K-12 Blueprint Services, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter, or use our products or apps.
- Through Third Parties’ Services: We may collect personal information you provide when you use third party services that utilize the K-12 Blueprint Services.
- Offline: We may collect personal information you provide to us offline, such as when you visit our stores, attend one of our trade shows, place a verbal order over the phone or contact customer services.
- From Other Sources: We may collect your personal information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and social media platforms. We may also receive your personal information from people with whom you are "friends" or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your K-12 Blueprint Services account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal information that is part of your social media profile or your friends’ profiles. The reverse is also true if your social media "friends" connect their social media account to their K-12 Blueprint Services account.
Other Information We May Collect
K-12 Blueprint may also collect other information from your app, browser or device that does not reveal your (or anyone else's) real world identity, for example:
- Browser and device information
- App or device usage data
- IP address
- Location data
- Aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information
- Demographic information and other information provided by you (i.e., language, occupation, postal code)
We and our third-party service providers may collect this information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Most browsers and devices collect certain information automatically, for example, type and version of operating system, screen resolution, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the K-12 Blueprint Services (such as the app) you are using. We use this information, for example, to make sure that the K-12 Blueprint Services function properly, analyze the performance of our products, and improve and maintain the K-12 Blueprint Services and products.
- IP Address: IP addresses are automatically transmitted as part of any Internet communication, and collecting IP addresses is a common practice; many web sites, applications and other K-12 Blueprint Services collect IP addresses automatically. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the K-12 Blueprint Services, helping diagnose server problems, security, and administering the K-12 Blueprint Services.
- Location Data: We may collect the physical location of a connected device, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based K-12 Blueprint Services, content and advertising. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. You can choose whether to allow or deny uses and/or sharing of your device’s location by changing your device settings, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized K-12 Blueprint Services, content and advertising.
2. INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE
How We May Use and Disclose Personal Information
We may use personal information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you technical documents or whitepapers.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, such as newsletters, in accordance with your communication preferences.
- To personalize your experience on the K-12 Blueprint Services by presenting products, marketing messages, offers and content tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain more information about how we use and disclose your personal information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the K-12 Blueprint Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s contact information.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, testing, enhancing, improving or modifying our K-12 Blueprint Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the K-12 Blueprint Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
Personal information may be shared or disclosed:
- To our affiliate entities and subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- To our authorized third-party service providers and suppliers who provide services to us such as web site hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services.
- To third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications, as permitted under applicable law and in accordance with your communication preferences.
- To third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the K-12 Blueprint Services.
- By you, on message boards, forums, chat, profile pages and blogs to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any such information you post or disclose will become public information, and may be available to users and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, online.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe is required, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process and/or to respond to requests from competent public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and physical and Intellectual property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
3. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
This Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the policies and practices of third parties or other organizations that are not K-12 Blueprint service providers, including policies and practices related to privacy and security, data collection, processing, use, storage, and disclosure. This includes: (a) any third party operating any site or service to which the K-12 Blueprint Services link – the inclusion of a link on the K-12 Blueprint Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates; or (b) any app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer (such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, etc.) - including any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the K-12 Blueprint Services or our Social Media Pages.
4. THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the K-12 Blueprint Services and other web sites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the K-12 Blueprint Services and other web sites.
The K-12 Blueprint Services are designed to provide reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization against unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
6. MARKETING PREFERENCES.
You can unsubscribe from K-12 Blueprint marketing-related e-mails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing-related email sent to you. We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do choose not to receive marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages (i.e., service notifications).
7. USE OF K-12 BLUEPRINT SERVICES BY MINORS
The K-12 Blueprint Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), or to minors as otherwise defined in local law or regulation, and do not knowingly collect personal information from these individuals. We request that these individuals do not provide personal information through the K-12 Blueprint Services. However, if you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the age of thirteen (13), please let us know using the methods described in the Contact Us section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and, if appropriate, delete that information.
8. CONTACT US
If you have questions or concerns about K-12 Blueprint’s privacy practices, you can contact us by using the Contact Us form. Please include your contact information, and a detailed description of your request or privacy concern.
9. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice. The “Last Updated” section at the top of this page states when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the K-12 Blueprint Services. Your use of the K-12 Blueprint Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Notice.
If any change may materially affect the privacy of your personal information, we will use reasonable endeavors to notify you in advance and give you a reasonable period of time to object to any changes (which you may do by ceasing to use the K-12 Blueprint Services).
We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how we collect, use and share personal information.
Last updated: 12/15/14